If you are getting an error ‘Instagram may be down…’ on our wordpress plugin Feed Them Social this post is for you, or anyone looking to create and Access Token from Instagram.
In order for you to get the Instagram feed working with your APP you need to get an Access Token. Below are 5 easy steps to get that.
- Go to http://instagram.com/developer. Login to your account or create one. Then click on Manage Clients, and finally on Register a New Client.
- Fill out the Application Name, Description, Website(which should be your website) and set the OAuth redirect_uri field to http://localhost
DO NOT CHECK Disable implicit OAth or Enforce signed header.
- Now you should see a Success message as seen in the photo below. Now you’ll want to copy the CLIENT ID code.
- Paste the following url into your web browser.
and add the client id you generated to the url replacing [CLIENT_ID_HERE] Hit enter, and you will connect to Instagram’s servers. Instagram will ask you whether you want to grant the client you registered in Step 2 access to your account. Once your client has been granted access to your account, Instagram will redirect your browser to your localhost and your newly generated access token will be appended to the url after localhost/#access_token=Treat your Instagram access token like you would your password. Do not share your access token with anyone.
- This is the last page you will see after Authorizing access. Now copy and paste the code you see after localhost/#access_token= into our Instagram Options page and click Save Settings.
That’s it, you’re all done!
Get Your Instagram ID by copying the number before the first period… so the ID above would be 258559306
STILL HAVING TROUBLES? Contact us in our support forum. Make sure to include screenshots of your new APP and the browser page that may come up with any errors. http://www.slickremix.com/support-forum/forum/feed-them-social-2/