Link Instagram Account to Facebook
If you haven’t heard yet, Instagram is shutting down their Legacy API. In a nutshell, Instagram’s API is being absorbed into Facebook’s System. They will now called the Instagram Graph API and Instagram Basic Display API. Similar to how Facebook named it’s API – Facebook Graph API.
So what are the changes you may be asking? One of the big changes to gain access to your own profile information, hearts and comment counts is that you will now need a Facebook Business Page AND your Instagram must be a Instagram Business Account instead of a Instagram Personal Account. If you don’t mind not showing your profile info such as follower, follow count, bio and a few other things in the profile, plus not being able to see the hear or comment count stats on your posts then you don’t have to worry about connecting your account to facebook or making it a business account. For that all you have to do is click the the button to get an access token like you normally have when using our plugin.
NOTE: In our testing and at the time of this article being written, it appears you Instagram Creator Accounts are basically being treated like Instagram Personal Accounts.
These instructions were created for those who want to display a business or hashtag feed using our Feed Them Social plugin. The instructions below will tell you how to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Business page even if you are not using our WordPress plugin.
Before you begin
You must have an existing Instagram business account, a Facebook account and a Facebook Business page attached to your Facebook account. We recommend completing these steps in advance.
- To create an Instagram account, download the app from your phone and follow the screens for creating a new account.
- If you have a personal account, you will be prompted to convert to a business account during the linking process.
You must be the admin of the Facebook Page you are trying to connect to Instagram.
Add or remove Instagram account
To add or remove an Instagram account from your Facebook Page:
- Open your Facebook Page.
- Select Settings from the top menu.
- Select Instagram.
- To add an Instagram account to your Page, select Connect Account. Enter your Instagram account’s Username and Password, and select Log in.
- If you do not have a business account, you will be prompted to convert your personal account.
- To remove an Instagram account, select Disconnect Account and confirm that you would like to remove the Instagram account.
In these examples we are going to show how to turn your Instagram Personal or Creator Profile into a Instagram Business Profile using the Instagram APP on your mobile device.
- Step 1: Login into Instagram on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Click to Your Profile.
- Step 3: Click the Profile Options Tab.
- Step 4: Click “Settings” Option.
- Step 5: Click “Account” Option.
- STEP 6: Switch to Professional Account.
- Step 7: Select Business Account by clicking “Next” under Business.
- Step 8: Click Continue.
- Step 9: Select Facebook Page to Connect the Instagram account to and click “Next” button.
- Step 10: Verify info then Click Done! That’s it! You made it through! 🎉👏🙌