Step 5: Generate the Shortcode & Page
Now that we have the introduction page made we will now create the shortcode. This is the step where you will choose the Introduction Post you created in step 2.
- Login to you WordPress Dashboard.
- Click “Doc It” tab.
- Click “Settings“. (under Doc It Tab)
- Under step “2.” you will select the name you created in step 1 using the select option. In our example we added Design Approval System as depicted in the first image below.
- Now select the Introduction post you created, ours was called “Setting up the Design Approval System.
- Finally click the “Create Doc It Shortcode“.
- IMPORTANT LAST STEP: Now copy and paste the shortcode to a Page that you should make. Name it relative to your Doc It Menu you created above. The shortcode will not work on posts, it must be a page. You can find the pages menu in the left side admin menu. Image depicted below.
- View the new page you put the shortcode on now. You should see your category and posts in the menu and your introduction info. Image of our main page at the very bottom.
What you will see if you don’t have any categories or posts made for what you are documenting
Here is the final finished looked after setup of your main page with shortcode on it.
Here is the final category document posts view, or archive.
Here is the final post view.